Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Kreativ Blogger Award

Gaylene over at Unwritten has thoughtfully bestowed this award on me. Thanks, Gaylene! Gaylene has a great sense of humour and no qualms about attributing herself as a geek like me. Do stop by her blog!

So, I guess upon accepting this award I am supposed to tell you seven things about myself. Here you go:

1. Some of my favourite non-genre TV shows include Castle, The Big Bang Theory (though that one's still incredibly geeky), How I Met Your Mother, and oldies Dick Van Dyke and Hogan's Heroes.

2. I like to tease, and I like to be teased. Games (video or other) with friends must include banter and some friendly competition.

3. Some people say I look like I could be an elf if I had pointy ears, and sometimes I wish I was an elf, because 1) pointy ears are cool, and 2) being able to walk on top of snow would be awesome!

4. I am a Christian, meaning I love Jesus, consider my life devoted to Him, and try to show His love to others.

5. On top of writing and gaming, some of my other hobbies include painting, piano, and snowboarding.

6. I think sarcasm might be my favourite type of humour, when it is done right. See Calvin and Hobbes and Garfield for points of reference.

7. I named my dog after a Firefly character.

6 comments:

  1. Amen to number four!
    Which character in Firefly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the award!
    Hoperfully the banter is of the witty variety.
    Sarcasm is the definitely best type of humor! Calvin and Hobbes is my favorite comic, I own all of the books.
    Which character is your dog named after? Wash?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big Bang is one of my all-time favorites!!! Congrats on your award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, friends! Wash is a good guess... but she is a girl, so I named her Zoe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love Hogan Heroes. And M.A.S.H. Big bang theory is cool too.
    An elf? I'd take being mistaken for an elf over a vampire anyday. Then again, I could no longer accidently scare small children with a smile. Second thought, you can keep the elfness. ^_^

    ReplyDelete