Saturday, March 9, 2013

To-Play List

I gave you my to-read list the other day, so I figured I would share with you the video games that are on my list to play next. (Summaries from Wikipedia.)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Released: November, 2011

Skyward Sword follows an incarnation of the series protagonist Link who was raised in a society above the clouds known as Skyloft. After his closest childhood friend, Zelda, is swept into the land below the clouds by demonic forces, Link does whatever it takes to save her, traveling between Skyloft and the surface below while battling the dark forces of the self-proclaimed "Demon Lord", Ghirahim.

I am actually well into Skyward Sword already. No Zelda game has beat Ocarina of Time in my humble opinion, but this one is still pretty darn fun. Full review to come.

The Last Story

Released: August, 2012 

Set on the fictional Lazulis Island, the game's story focuses on a group of mercenaries from a desolate continent as they seek work, discovering the world's slow destruction in the process.

I'd never heard of this before a friend mentioned recently how good it was, comparing it to Final Fantasy and insisting the story and gameplay are matchless. How have I not heard of this before? I'm playing it next, because it sounds fantastic.



Chrono Trigger

Released: March, 1995

Chrono Trigger takes place in a world similar to Earth, with eras such as the prehistoric age, except that humans and dinosaurs share the earth; the Middle Ages, replete with knights, monsters, and magic; and the post-apocalyptic future, where humans and sentient robots struggle to survive. The characters frequently travel through time to obtain allies, gather equipment, and learn information to help them in their quest.

Considered by some as one of the greatest games of all time. I know, I know. How is it I have not played it yet? It's on my to-do list.


Bioshock

Released: August, 2007

BioShock is set in 1960, in which the player guides Jack after his airplane crashes in the ocean near the bathysphere terminus that leads to the underwater city of Rapture. Built by the business magnate Andrew Ryan, the city was intended to be an isolated utopia, but the discovery of ADAM, a plasmid which grants superhuman powers, initiated the city's turbulent decline. Jack tries to find a way to escape, fighting through hordes of ADAM-obsessed enemies.

Some of my friends rave about this one. Some of them don't care for it. I haven't quite decided if I'm going to play it or not--it sounds kind of dark, but apparently the storyline is amazing.

Played any of these games? Thoughts? What's on your to-play list?

4 comments:

  1. I really liked Chrono Trigger when it first came out. A fun game, but the best of all time....I don't know about that. Let me know how you like The Last Story and if it compares to Final Fantasy. I'm always looking for cool RPGs for the Wii.

    Happy gaming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've played Bioshock. It was good but not great. I've played better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I just awarded you the Liebster Award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm eagerly anticipating the newest version of Bioshock! Not long now. :)

    ReplyDelete